Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Magnetic Makeup Board

Pin It
 
I'm really excited about this project today! I've seen a version of this floating around Pinterest and thought it would be awesome to have my own. My makeup is forever getting lost in the bottom of my makeup bag, so having this board allows me to have my makeup within arm's reach.
 
Here's what I used to make my Magnetic Makeup Board...
 
 
-Cookie Sheet (make sure it's magnetic)
-Glue gun & glue sticks
-Ribbon (Mine is from the awesome box that Spool of Ribbon sent me)
-Scissors
-Magnets
-Your makeup
 
My cookie sheet didn't have a hole in the top, so I decided to glue the ribbon around the back edge to hold it up. The ribbon I used was 1.5" wide, so I folded it in half as I glued. Since I was folding my ribbon, I had to kind of push both layers into the glue, trying not to burn myself. Be careful touching the inside of the pan because the heat from the glue makes that side hot too!
 
 
I chose the Offray Aqua Dip N Dot Wired Edge ribbon because this is hanging up in our master bathroom, which in our master bedroom. I'm using teal/aqua as an accent color in our master bedroom and I thought it would help with the flow and help bring a little continuity to the rooms. I also liked using this ribbon because it's wired and I knew the bow would look better with wired ribbon.
 
I started gluing the ribbon in the middle of the top of my cookie sheet, leaving a nice, long tail of ribbon since we'll be tying a bow later. Go all the way around the cookie sheet, but leave a little gap when you get back around to where you started.
 
 
I also went around the edge of the back of the cookie sheet with glue to keep the board from sliding around after it's hung up on the wall.
 
 
 
Next, tie a double knot and a pretty little bow at the top. Make sure to leave a little space between the cookie sheet and the knot. This is where we'll be hanging up the board. I also trimmed the tails of the bow.
 
 
Now your makeup board is done, but it's time to put the magnets on the makeup. I just used some random magnets from previous crafts. This part is simple. Just use the hot glue to attach the magnets to the makeup.
 
 
I didn't attach a magnet to my mascara (because I was one short and because it needed to be replaced anyway), but everything else got a magnet. I also attached the magnets to the tops of the little jars instead of the bottoms. The label for them is on the bottom and I'm always looking at the label to figure out which is which.
 
 
 
And there you go. Here's a super simple, cheap, and easy makeup magnet board! Because of the supplies on hand, this whole thing cost me $1 - just for the cookie sheet. Even if I hadn't had ribbon to review, I would have had plenty of ribbon in my stash to create this on the cheap!
 
And in the future, when I need to replace my makeup, I can pull the magnet off and reattach it to the new makeup. This is why I used hot glue instead of something like E600 - because I want to get it off easily later.
 
If you're in need of ribbon, be sure to check out Spool of Ribbon! You can use the code "SMEDAY20" to get 20% off of your entire order at Spool of Ribbon! This code will be good through July 31st, 2013!
 
 
 
Also, don't forget about the giveaway going on for your own ribbon extravaganza! You can win $200 worth of ribbon from Spool of Ribbon! Head over to the giveaway to get entered!!

I'll also have another couple of projects throughout the week using my awesome ribbon from Spool of Ribbon. Be sure to check back!



 

13 comments:

  1. This is the neatest craft ever! I'm hosting a new linky party and would love to have you! http://hickorytrailblog.blogspot.com/2013/05/assets-and-efforts-linky-party-2.html

    Thanks,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is GREAT - Plus, the ribbon is adorable! I'd love for you to share it at our Pinterest Power Party tomorrow night!

    Hope you have a great Tuesday!
    Danielle
    SewMuchCrafting.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tray turned out great! Makes me want to create one. :)

    Thank you for partying with the Wildly Original Crowd.
    <3 Christina at I Gotta Create!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute!

    Come party with APIMP!

    I would love for you to share and link up at my TGIF Link Party.

    http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/2013/05/tgif-link-party-3.html

    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. cool idea!Save so much place!
    http://freestilcreatingbyvilly.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool idea! Mine are always getting lost at the bottom of the drawer, this would keep them out and handy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice idea! I love this! One of my friends made one of these recently too! I may just have to see about making one myself! ;) Thanks for sharing at Party In Polka Dots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great idea!
    Im your newest Bloglovin follower from "My Turn for Us"!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a great idea! Thanks for sharing it at the Say G'Day Saturday Linky party. I have pinned this and will be featuring it at this week's party.

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute! I'm not sure where I'd hang it (I don't know if my hubby would dig it ;) ) but I totally love it. I added it to a pin board for the future, when my husband and I have our own bathrooms!

    I have a question about your banner! Did you make 5 separate images and then somehow stick them together? It shows up as 5 images when I click my "pinterest" button. I like that idea! I just wanted to know if that's how you did it!

    bethany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bethany! I love it...and hubby had no say in it, lol. As far as the banner goes, yes it was done as 5 separate images :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I always like to know what you think of the projects I highlight!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...